Epson P5000 with violet dtf conversion

Hello everyone,

I allow myself to post a question because I can't find anything about the conversion of the Epson p5000 with purple.

Could someone inform me about the transformation of this one with purple because apparently it is not recommended to do it but that we should use the model with only the "LLK" and not the "VIOLET". Thank you for not holding me against me because I live in France and I use google translation so do not hesitate to ask me for clarifications if the translation is bad.

FYI I have a P800 already converted.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello,

I dont think there is an issue since the violet channel will be used as 1 of 4 whute channels anyway and cadlink drivers support the violet printer too so basicakky u dont have to do anything except flush the printer with cleaner in ur refillable carts and then fill up with dtf ink.

On 7/12/2024 at 2:02 PM, jayfys said:

Hello everyone,

I allow myself to post a question because I can't find anything about the conversion of the Epson p5000 with purple.

Could someone inform me about the transformation of this one with purple because apparently it is not recommended to do it but that we should use the model with only the "LLK" and not the "VIOLET". Thank you for not holding me against me because I live in France and I use google translation so do not hesitate to ask me for clarifications if the translation is bad.

FYI I have a P800 already converted.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If you use Cadlink it doesn’t matter at all. Better still, you can switch a violet to LLK with a $10 program. 

no worries, it’s fine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I am coming back to you to benefit from your expertise again. I have finally received the accessories necessary for the conversion of my P5000 to DTF. I received the inks, the rechargeable cartridges and the chip reset. My questions are as follows:

1- do I have to directly recharge the cartridges with the dtf inks and introduce them directly into the printer or do I first have to purge the old ink with a cleaning solution before ?

2-Do I first have to reset the chips before inserting them ?

3- when and how often do I have to reset the chips? Am I waiting impatiently ?

NB: this is a google translation please let me know if the translation is bad.

14 hours ago, jayfys said:

Hello everyone, I am coming back to you to benefit from your expertise again. I have finally received the accessories necessary for the conversion of my P5000 to DTF. I received the inks, the rechargeable cartridges and the chip reset. My questions are as follows:

1- do I have to directly recharge the cartridges with the dtf inks and introduce them directly into the printer or do I first have to purge the old ink with a cleaning solution before ?

2-Do I first have to reset the chips before inserting them ?

3- when and how often do I have to reset the chips? Am I waiting impatiently ?

NB: this is a google translation please let me know if the translation is bad.

1. it's preference based. I always flushed OEM inks, until I didn't and didn't run across any issues. Some inks though may have incompatible carrires and cause gelling, which would instantly destroy the ink system and head. So to be safe, most people just flush it. 

2. You should not have to, only when the machine tells you it's empty should you reset it. 

3. You reset them everytime you use up all of the contents. Say it's a 300ML cartridge. Once the printer uses 300ML from the cartridge, you refill and reset it. 

The translation is good, no worries. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

In order to clean the ink circuits I filled cartridge set with a cleaning solution but the printer displays "Ink cartridge Error replace ink cartridges". I tried to reset them but I still have the same message. I send you a more telling photo.

Does anyone know why I got this message?

Johnson4 you told me that I could get a program to change the purple to llk can you please give me a link so I can buy it? I have done some research on this subject but I find several types of programs and I would not like to be wrong.

Nb: This is a French-English translation

IMG_7153.pdf