how to tell if I have chipless firmware

Hi..i'm trying to re-use an old P600 DTG printer..change the printhead to a new one..everything seems to be fine but when I did an initial inkcharge...it goes through the process using wicreset but no ink gets pulled.

Is this because i don't have chipless firmware installed?  I do get an error that it doesn't recognize the cartridges. it does goes through the ink chare process though..except ink is not flowing from the cartridges.  I had completely forgotten if this unit has chipless firmware.  is there a way to check and is the reason its not pulling ink is because chipless firmware is not installed?

1 hour ago, skwakk said:

Hi..i'm trying to re-use an old P600 DTG printer..change the printhead to a new one..everything seems to be fine but when I did an initial inkcharge...it goes through the process using wicreset but no ink gets pulled.

Is this because i don't have chipless firmware installed?  I do get an error that it doesn't recognize the cartridges. it does goes through the ink chare process though..except ink is not flowing from the cartridges.  I had completely forgotten if this unit has chipless firmware.  is there a way to check and is the reason its not pulling ink is because chipless firmware is not installed?

Sounds normal to me. Mine always said that after the ink charge. Open/close the ink switch and it’ll go away. 

sounds like your capping station also needs replaced, which I would highly expect unless you did a full flush and clean on it. From the sounds of the new head though, it probably wasn’t and needs replaced.